5 DIMENSIONS, 10 ARTICLES:
• We believe that there can be no god. (Very different from not believing in god.)
• We believe we are creed-free. (Creeds are for religious people only.)
• We believe in the Enlightenment (an eighteenth century worldview) and renounce postmodernity (it undermines our belief structure).
• We believe in logic, reason and science (and have a monopoly on these virtues).
• We believe in the expanding empire of science (a commitment to a Victorian Scientific Imperialism).
• We believe in evolution, and that all true Christians cannot.
• We believe religion damages the world (and subscribe to a myth-based reading of history which confirms this).
• We believe our principle moral duty is therefore to oppose religion (rather than, say, work for political, economic or environmental justice)
• We believe (consciously or otherwise) in war on terror, and that terror has religious motives.
• We believe politics can free itself of religion (but we can’t decide what religion is).
I put this together as part of my research for Atheism After Christendom. Each article below is supported explicitily by all four of the so-called 'Four Horsemen' of New Atheism (Dawkins, Dennet, Harris and Hitchens).
Here is a downloadable